by Esther van Leeuwe
RICE WITH CHINESE EGGPLANT AND CHICKEN
Ingredients for 2:
1 Chinese eggplant 1 chicken breast 2 cups basmati rice 1 spring onion 2 cloves of garlic 1 cm ginger 100 ml sunflower oil
2 tbsp fish sauce 4 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar salt
- Cut the eggplant in long vertical slices. Mix with some salt and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse off the salt with cold water and pat the eggplant dry.
- Prepare the rice as in the basic recipe.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan or wok. Fry the eggplant in very hot oil. Take out the eggplant and most of the oil.
- Brown the chicken, ginger and garlic shortly. Add fish sauce, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. (The chicken does not need to be completely cooked)
- Add the eggplant and chicken to the rice in the AZUME as soon as the rice has absorbed the water.
- Cook and steam until it’s done.
- Before serving add some chopped spring onion, et voilà!