by Yolanda van der Jagt
SPICED VEGETABLE RICE
Ingredients for 2:
2 cup Basmati rice 150 gr leek, cut in ½ cm pieces 2 celery stalks, cut in ½ cm cubes 1 clove of garlic, pressed 2 vine tomatoes cut in ½ cm cubes
2 tsp baharat or râs al hânout 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Prepare the rice as in the basic recipe.
- Mix all vegetables with the washed rice.
- Season with salt, pepper and baharat.
- Add 1½ cup of water.
- Let the rice soak for 30 minutes.
- Place the AZUME on the smallest burner, at the highest fire. As soon as the water is boiling, turn the heat to low and let the rice softly simmer for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let the rice steam in the AZUME for another 12 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with the fresh parsley and coriander. Et voilà!